- Decemberborn Interactive AB
- Sundstorget 5
- 252 21 Helsingborg
- Registration number: 559050-9963
- VAT number: SE559050996301
- Release date
- Windows / Linux / Mac OSX
- Regular Price
Cathedral is a game which takes you back to the roots of NES gaming. Its main focus is on exploring an unknown world, trying to figure out where and who you are.
Discover a world full of towns, dungeons and hidden areas. Conquer the dungeons and find items that will help you unearth more of this strange world. Avoid both traps as well as the dangerous creatures that inhabit this peculiar place while claiming back your skills and memories, one dungeon at a time.
Development on Cathedral started in late 2014. Early development was focused on building a 2D game engine that ran on multiple platforms.
The larger part of the first 6 months in development was spent prototyping both the game engine and various tools needed for development. Cathedral has since gone from prototype to playable game and is currently in development.
- Large non-linear world, meant for exploring!
- Secrets, puzzles and side quests
- Old school 8 bit action adventure gameplay
- Seven dungeons to conquer, each unlocking new skills and items to help you reach new corners of the world
- Many distinct areas, each with it's own unique aesthetics
- Several towns to visit and NPCs to interact with
- Cathedral's news blog at IndieDB indiedb.com
- Cathedral Original Soundtrack
- The original Famitracker soundtrack for Cathedral. Created by Aron Kramer. soundcloud.com
- Proving 2D still lives
- Cathedral got featured on Retro Gaming Mags '5 indie titles prove 2D still lives' retrogamingmagazine.com
- Cathedral - A NES-inspired 8-bit adventure you might want to see
- An article about Cathedral from the folks over at Indie Retro News www.indieretronews.com
About Decemberborn Interactive
Decemberborn Interactive is an independent game developer, based in Helsingborg in souther Sweden. We love games - both to play and to develop them. Our goal is to create fun and immersive experiences through indie games. We have a passionate team based mainly in Sweden and the Netherlands, but we also employ freelancers from around the globe to help bring our project to life.
- Eric Lavesson
- Lead developer, level designer
- Mattias Andersen
- Developer, level designer
- Aron Kramer
- Composer, logo design
- Acke Salem
- Marketing and sales
- Justin Brown
- Sprite artist, character design and animations
- Victor Leão
- Sprite artist
- Jeff Sunseri
- Concept art
- Kyle Harrison
- Website backend design and implementation
Inspired and modelled after presskit() by Rami Ismail. Adapted for Bootstrap + ExpressJS + EJS.